cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Uploading config to already working stack....

Uploading config to already working stack....

Jimmy2
New Contributor
I am new to stacking; But, a master node of the stack went down this week. It was replaced enough to get it working with most of the config present but not all. Remotely I have been tasked with uploading a backed up known working config. Do I need to use any other commands minus
the

tftp get blah blan blah

file xfer command. I have uploaded many a config, but never to a stack.

Model is x45a-24t, all bootroms and versions are the same in the stack.

ty
4 REPLIES 4

OscarK
Extreme Employee
Just a remark, normally in a stack a backup slot would take over the master role when the master slot fails. If it did not do that probably the other slots are not master capable, maybe something worth checking and changing ?

Replacing a node in a stack would not be difficult if following this procedure;
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-replace-a-node-in-a-SummitStack

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
Once it is loaded to the stack the only other command you would need is "
code:
use configuration (filename)
". Then a reboot will be needed. Here is an article that explains:

Browser View: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-copy-a-configuration-to-a-new-switc...

Thank you both. Worked out perfectly, and the site has a working config šŸ™‚

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Jimmy,
If the config you have saved is actually the XML formatted config and not a "plain-text" script-ready config, then simply transferring the config over with TFTP is all you should need to do.
Once it's copied to the stack master (double check with the
code:
ls
command), enter
code:
use config (filename)
to set it active.
code:
Reboot
, but DO NOT SAVE - If you do, you'll overwrite that new config with whatever is currently on the switch. When the stack comes back up, it should be loaded with the new configuration you just downloaded.

-Drew
GTM-P2G8KFN