cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

used x250e console login

used x250e console login

Doug_c
New Contributor
I bought a x250e for my home to play around with when I connect to the console with putty I do not see the configuration startup like I am used to with cisco products can anyone tell me what I am missing or should be doing?
15 REPLIES 15

Kawawa
Extreme Employee
Hi I'll assume you've verified all the COM ports to use and have properly initiated a Console session and hit the enter key a few times. That said, what are the specs of the serial cable and converter you're using. I have just tested the standard Cisco RJ-45 to DB9 Console cable, and connected it to my Laptop using a Prolific Serial to USB cable and it works just fine. Extreme switches should easily connect with any standard console cable that has the following pinouts:

DB9 F: Pin 1, 3, 5 (10, 30, 50 (Black, Yellow, Green)) and on the RG45 side: Pin 3, 5, 5 (Blalck, Green, Yello) or . Obviously you won't be able to see the pinouts on a the DB9 side, but you should be able to confirm that they are as above on the RG-45 Side.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Just to clarify here, from the Summit lineup the X150, X250e, X350, X450/a/e, X460, and X650 all use a null modem cable. 9600 baud, 8, N, 1.
Most Cisco switches use a rollover style cable (with RJ45). Newer Extreme products with the RJ45 connector also use the rollover cable.

Doug, after giving the switch a few minutes to boot, what's the frequency of the management LED flashing on the front of the switch? Here's why I'm asking:
http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/summit/Summit_Family_HW_Install/Switch_ovrvu/r_summit-x250e...

Doug_c
New Contributor
yes it works fine with cisco

PARTHIBAN_CHINN
Contributor
does the same usb to serial cable in your laptop work with other switches.?[cisco].
If yes either switch console cable is wrong or switch is faulty.
GTM-P2G8KFN