Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using snmp traps bgpM2Established and bpgM2BackwardTransition in NetSight

Using snmp traps bgpM2Established and bpgM2BackwardTransition in NetSight

Romain_Mercier
New Contributor
Hi,

I am using NetSight 6.3.0.168 to manage all my XOS switchs.
The NetSight server receives snmp traps when BGP events occur and specially snmp traps bgpEstablished, bgpBackwardTransition, bgpM2Establisehd and bgpM2BackwardTransition.
To be inform about BGP events, I configured alerts in NetSight using snmp traps. But NetSight doesn't permit to choose snmp traps bgpM2Established and bgpM2backwardTransition. These traps are not listed.
I'm interested in these traps because they contains more details like the remote peer address and the bgp peer state than the other traps which contain a value "unknown" in these fields.

Is there a way to use snmp traps bgpM2Estableshed and bgpM2BackwardTransition to alerts when BGP event occurs in NetSight ?

Best Regards,
Romain M.

9 REPLIES 9

Romain_Mercier
New Contributor
Thank you for your help.

I will try to remove and add the MIB again. I upgraded the NetSight server to the last release yesterday but it didn't resolve my problem.
If a solution is found I will post it here.

Best regards,
Romain M.

Tony_Thornton
Extreme Employee
Thanks for confirming this for me. At this point I'm not sure what could be the reason why the OIDs are not appearing in the list. If you have not already done so, you may want to remove the BGP MIB, restart NetSight server, add the BGP MIB again and restart the server one more time to see if that helps. If it does not, since you have been working on this for a while with no resolution, if you have a current support contract with Extreme I suggest opening a case with our GTAC team for more in-depth analysis of the problem.

Romain_Mercier
New Contributor
Yes, this option is checked.

Tony_Thornton
Extreme Employee
Just to confirm something, in Console > Tools > Options > Suite Options > Advanced SNMP Settings is the "Use MyMibs directory on the Server" checked?
GTM-P2G8KFN