cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using vlanauthorization RFC3580 on x460G2 and policy.

Using vlanauthorization RFC3580 on x460G2 and policy.

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
I have several x460G2 switches that refuse to put ports in the correct vlan using RFC3580. I have NAC sending back VLAN ID and Extreme Policy. vlanauthorization is enabled globally, and on the ports. I am running version 22 of code. I use this to automatically put cameras, wireless APs, printers etc.. in to the correct VLAN. Everything works fine on the S4, B5, C5, A4 series switches. It's just the x460s that DONT work.

Any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
Got it working.... But the command show policy vlanauth port 7:48 doesn't show that it's doing anything. Although, I can see 1001 untagged on the port.

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Hi Jeremy,

you need to explicitly enable your authentication method both globally and on the ports. If you are using MAC auth, you need to configure netlogin add mac-list default. If auth-optional works or not might depend on the firmware version, see https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Port-not-properly-passing-traffic-after-....

Erik

Yeah, I did. I forgot the conf policy maptable response both. I am use to enabling it on enterasys via set policy maptable response both, however, forgot about it on XOS. It just doesn't show up under show policy vlanauthorization. It shows vlan ID as none.

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
configure policy maptable response both

Thought I had it set... nope. Will test in the AM.
GTM-P2G8KFN