cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V2110 Controller Software Version 9 / Extreme 3825 AP Connection Problems with Windows Clients

V2110 Controller Software Version 9 / Extreme 3825 AP Connection Problems with Windows Clients

Ronny_Engelhard
New Contributor II
Hi,

we have a problem with the following environment:

WLAN-Controller: V2110 Software Version 09.15
AP: 3825i
SSID Mode: Bridged@AP

Clients: Windows 7 (with Intel AC 7260 wireless card)
Apple MAC Book Air

So the problem is that windows clients can connect to the SSID, get an IP Address but most of traffic (tested with ping) gets loss.
On the other side the Apple Device work properly, absolutely no ping loss with that device type.

I' have logged the AP there is a warning message (every second for the windows device)

bridge.c:660-bridgeUpdate()-AC:FD:CE:E7:0E:96 no longer with us! in port=eth0 ...

What does that mean?

Greetings

Ronny

6 REPLIES 6

Chad_Ciszewski
New Contributor
Hartmut - being as specific as you can due to supposed NDA's - what was the issue on the LAN - I am seeing this now in some of our environments as well as on a test AP that I am less than 3 feet from. Thanks!

hsachse
New Contributor III
Even if the main problem is fixed. Did someone knowsimilar roaming issues in the event logs like i've posted?

I know clients with bad driver implementions continously roaming between two nearby access points, but roaming on the same access point from radio 1 to radio 2 and vice versa is a strange behaviour.

hsachse
New Contributor III
The customer told me, that the issues are fixing now. The issues where caused by a misconfiguration in the switching infrastructure.

hsachse
New Contributor III
One thing to remember is that a large amount of wifi problems are caused by (lan) infrastructure problems. Sometimes the customers infrastructure looks like a black box to you - so ask for environment documentation and clear definition of interfaces between Wifi and LAN. Everytime check for other problems before you searching for the cause of issues in the wireless world, this could make your life easier.
GTM-P2G8KFN