cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

view difference between the running configuration and startup configuration with EXOS

view difference between the running configuration and startup configuration with EXOS

chandip
New Contributor
How can display the difference between the running configuration and startup configuration with EXOS
3 REPLIES 3

BradP
Extreme Employee
Hi Chandip,

There isn't an official supported way to do this, however there is a script on our GitHub that will get this done:

https://github.com/extremenetworks/ExtremeScripting/tree/master/EXOS/Python/conf_diff

chandip
New Contributor
HI Brad

Thanks for the prompt reply. I should of stated without scripts in my original question. It seems we can achieve most things with the scripts J.

It’s just not practical when viewing remote sessions with the customer. A “show running-config diff” would be nice. I will put in a feature request for this.

Thanks

Chandip

BradP
Extreme Employee
There is an important caveat to the script that I felt should be mentioned. The script will remove the asterisk (or dirty bit) from the prompt. Under the hood, the script saves the configuration to a temporary file and then deletes the temporary file. Since the configuration technically gets saved to that temporary file, the dirty bit is cleared.

You'll need to actually save your configuration changes should you want to do so.
GTM-P2G8KFN