cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Virtual_EXOS Openflow module

Virtual_EXOS Openflow module

Tasos_Vlachogia
New Contributor II
I am trying to setup an Openflow lab with Extreme switches using GNS3 and qemu based EXOS VM. I have imported the appliance and it works with no surprises so far.
Then I tried to update the appliance using the files I have from our physical devices (X440 & X460) but I get the following error message:

Error: Failed to download image - Error: File SUMMIT is not suitable for UNKNOWN.Is there any workaround for this or this is not current limitation of EXOS VM?

8 REPLIES 8

Tasos_Vlachogia
New Contributor II
How can I use exos firmware version 16.2.1.6 with GNS3? Latest appliance file on github (exosvm.gns3a) has dropped support for this version.
Thanks

Tasos_Vlachogia
New Contributor II
Thanks Brandon. I have now installed the Openflow module. Do I need to buy an extra licence to use openflow with the exos vm?

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
You're welcome! Here are the licenses for those two virtual switches.
code:
00:3F:14:AF:17:00 -> 9d68-8214-da17-0225-8ffe

code:
00:3F:14:B7:37:00 -> 9d68-8214-da17-0225-fe8f

For future use, you can enable the trial license, which includes OpenFlow.
http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/flr_22.2/exos_21_1/feature_license_requirements/c_trial_lic...

Hi Drew,

Thanks for doing this. For now I have just a couple of switches with MAC addresses:
00:3F:14:AF:17:00
00:3F:14:B7:37:00

In case I want to add more switches to my virtual topology what is the way to move forward? Do we have to acquire a bunch of licence keys for EXOS virtual appliances?
GTM-P2G8KFN