Visio stencils for a Summit48i, model 15502?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
I've looked through all of the Visio stencils that I can find, but can't locate one for a Summit48i, model 15502. I know it's really old, but I still have one that I need to add to a diagram. Any advice on locating it, or something comparable, would be greatly appreciated!
Photo of John

John

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • Discouraged, Frustrated

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Drew C.

Drew C., Community Manager

• 40,238 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi John, Welcome to The Hub!
Did you see this file on the Visio Stencil pageSummit Legacy (EWare)

It should be in there... I'd check first but there is no Visio for Mac :)
Photo of John

John

Hi, Drew.
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

That was actually the first one I looked through, but there is no 15502 in it. There are plenty of 1U 48-port devices, but not the one I need. It's a 2U box, with 48 100mbs copper ports and 4 1000mb GBIC slots. Attached is a picture. Do you know of another model that's close?

Thanks!
John
Photo of Drew C.

Oh... that 48i. Not the 48si. Sorry for adding the 's' in my mind when I read your post.

Can you fake it with the Summit 1i or 5i (11104 & 11504)? Both of those are 2U, but have fewer ports. I don't think I'll be able to find a stencil for the 48i, but will take a look. I compiled the current Legacy file several years ago with everything I had.
(Edited)
Photo of John

John

Thanks! I'll give it a shot. Can I put connector points on them? I was trying to use the 300-48, but it isn't letting me do connections directly from individual ports.
Photo of Drew C.

You may have to edit them in the stencil editor, but I don't think it will give you much fuss. It might be easier to label your connection lines to make it clear where each one goes.
Do I need to get you a sales contact for an upgrade? :)
Photo of Hagemann, Olaf

Hagemann, Olaf, Employee

• 1,306 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
That's the oldest I could find. I don't have Visio installed right now, so I could not check.
https://extremenetworks2com-my.sharepoint.com/personal/ohagemann_extremenetworks_com/Documents/Visio...