Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

vlan agregation

vlan agregation

Ivan_Ivanov
New Contributor
Hi,

I use BD10808 v15.1 as VLAN agregation switch. On 60 SFP ports I receive 1800 VLANs and uplink them to one server port. To setup VMAN i use only :

create vman sl1
configure vman sl1 add port 8:1-8:60

When uplink is connected to one of the SFP ports , all is fine. But if I use 10G (for ex. port 3:4) uplink stops working when I unplug and plug again xenpak( or fiber ).
When I unplug and plug it back, "show fdb sl1" or "show fdb port 3:4" do not show server's MAC address any more. If i make static fdb entry uplink also do not recover.
The only way to bring it back is to delete 10G port (ex. 3;4) from the VMAN and to add it back.

Can you tell me what im missing, or how can do this better?

Thank you
8 REPLIES 8

Ivan_Ivanov
New Contributor
Hi EtherMAN,

You are right about nuances, but also there are inanities.
Config is just fine - all by book. All ports are untagged, working like charm until I do the following steps:
- take the uplink fiber out;
- put the fiber back, link to shy;
- on server side i see the traffic comes from the uplink (for ex. icmp, port 67, 68 broadcast etc);
- the server sends coresponding packets, can see them outgoing with correct 0x8100 type and VLAN number;
- on customer port cant see returning packets;
- on uplink port I cant see fdb entry;

To recover from this state, only manualy (by deleting and adding uplink 10G port from/to vMAN config or by changing vMAN ethertype which probably refreshes something).

Today I'll put one mirror 10G port just to take a look from other perspective.
And next step is to put uplink port in tagged mode and to handle QinQ in the drivers.

Also is fact that there is a difference in behavior when ethertype is 0x88a8 and 0x9100 (in untagged setup this shouldn mater because there is no QinQ actualy).

I'll try the VLAN type 0x8100 too.

EtherMAN
Contributor III
If I recall there are nuances on how the 10808 handles vman traffic... Gut check on everything. Jumbo has to be enabled on all ports you are doing a vman on both on the untagged vman ports and the tagged ports. Also there was some of the 10 gig cards on the 10808 you could not have an untagged vman or vlan on the ten gig interface.... Primary ethertype for vman must be the same between trunking switches... and the 10808 if I recall used the ethertypes and vmans a bit different than any other switch moving forward. We successfully run vmans through 10808 to newer 8900 or 670 G2 using ethertype 0x8100 as primary for vman... any ways hope you figure this out...

* BD10K_1301_Fannin.1 # sh vman etherVman Primary EtherType : 0x8100
BVlan EtherType : 0x88b5

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
It sounds like this is a software bug. Please open a case with GTAC so the issue can be further investigated.

Ivan_Ivanov
New Contributor
By this follow ups I try to be as much as possible helpful and objective to put this puzzle in order.
GTM-P2G8KFN