cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOSS "Default" command

VOSS "Default" command

M_Nees
Contributor III
What about the "default" command in VOSS ?

I see this command at interfaces, MLT, etc. and at global command level.

Here an example (VSP7200 - V7.0.0):
SW11:1(config-mlt)#?
default Default settings ... SW11:1(config-mlt)#default ?
Default settings
flex-uni Set flex-uni to default on mlt interface
ip
isis set interface level isis parameters to default value
lacp Set lacp for specific mlt to default
smlt Create default smlt on a specific mlt
svlan-porttype Set svlan port type to default
virtual-ist Create virtual-ist on MLT with default value SW11:1(config-mlt)#
Unfortunately i do not find any manual where this command or the usage will be explained. CLI Reference does not explain this command.

Do anyone tell me which VOSS manual explain the usage ?? Or have anyone an example how to use this command ?

Regards
5 REPLIES 5

Hyung_Jin_Kim
Extreme Employee
default command operator You can reset the modified configuration of a command to the default configuration by using the

default operator. For more information about the default value for each command, see CLI

Commands Reference.

Use the ? command completion along with the default keyword in each configuration mode, to view

the list of commands that support the default operator. For more information, see Command

completion on page 15.

Example

Configure csnp-interval to its default value. The default value of csnp-interval is 10

seconds.

Ludovico_Steven
Extreme Employee
It restores a setting to its default value (i.e value it would have under switch factory defaults)

here is where the default operator is explained: starting on page 17. I hope this helps.

Restores value to factory default. No, you cannot define a custom default value."default" and "no" are standard command modifiers which can precede CLI configuration commands, to default or negate a config setting.This is supposed to be Cisco-like.I guess it should be in the Using CLI guide, but seems not to be there...
GTM-P2G8KFN