Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VX9000 license problem

VX9000 license problem

Nuraddin_Agalar
New Contributor
Hello.
In 2015, our company acquired a license for a virtual Wi-Fi controller VX-9000E. We have
successfully used this product all this time, but unfortunately at the moment there was a
problem. After the forced change of the configuration of the virtual machine on which this
product is installed (we reduced the RAM) - the hardware serial number was automatically
changed and the license stopped working. The old configuration key is not suitable. I ask
to help in this situation.
Who can generate a new configuration key? I would also like to get a link to the latest firmware for this controller.
Thank you in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

Edmundo
New Contributor II
Hi Nuraddin
I leave the latest version available for the VX9000
VX 9000 Series v5.8.6

For the problem of the Lic
Change IP addressing?

If it is not so
To update the Lic you have to open a case to the GTAC to be assigned a new license.
It is necessary that you send

IP: X.X.X.X/24

DG:10.184.32.1

MAC: XX.XX.XX.XX

Serial NUmber VX900: 2EAE6CA167.........

Version: 5.8.6.0-01R

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
I removed the link to the download. Official download sources are preferred. Please see the below post with more information.
https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/where-to-download-image-file-for-wing-vx9000-co...

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Nuraddin, Welcome to The Hub!
There doesn't appear to be any personal information in this post so I have removed the "private" flag so that others in the community can respond.

Take a look at this article for some more information. I know it specifically calls out the IP address, but other factors may be taken into account.
Why are VX9000 licenses no longer valid after changing management IP address?
GTM-P2G8KFN