cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VxLAN GW with NSX: Host move between HW-VTEPs support

VxLAN GW with NSX: Host move between HW-VTEPs support

Arunkumar_Rg
New Contributor II
With OVSDB managed VxLAN hardware GW and NSX as controller. does extreme hardware-GWs support the host move from one HW-VTEP to another HW-VTEP??
If yes, what is the minimum supported time gap between the moves??
Example: if host moves from hw-vtep-1 to hw-vtep-2 and then it moves to hw-vtep-3. What is the minimum time gap supported between hw-vtep-2 to hw-vtep-3
5 REPLIES 5

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Hi Arunkumar,

can you tell us more about your setup? How did you connect the NSX controller to an Extreme switch (BTW which model of switch, and which firmware version)?

Thanks,
Erik

Hi Erik,

Right now, we are studying on the Extreme switches behavior with NSX controller.

The setup I'm looking is Extreme switch(likely x770) acting as a Hardware VxLAN gateway. So the connection method used is SSL and port 6640. OVSDB is the protocol used between controller and the HW switch.

I have also put few more details on the setup and the sequence of events on this post as a reply to Michael Ripley. Kindly requesting you to refer that for details.

Thanks,

Arun.

Hi Arun,

I'm working with an integration between NSX controller and X690, im using ovsdb configuration, and ssl certificate but I want to know if the integration that yo do in the x670 was in an specific VR or use the VR mgmt and mgmt port?

Regards,

Carlos

Michael_Ripley
Extreme Employee
Hey Arunkumar,

When you say host move, are you referring to virtual machine move?

Thanks,
Mike
GTM-P2G8KFN