cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are thinking of using the X870 96 port switch in a distribution role

We are thinking of using the X870 96 port switch in a distribution role

Rod_Robertson2
Contributor
X870 96 port being used in distribution , ospf and a combination of eaps and mlag .

Does anyone have any experience with this new model, any gotya's you have found , this is a big investment and need to make sure the product is up to the merchandising
2 REPLIES 2

Stefano_Dall_Os
New Contributor III
I used that kind of configuration on almost all extreme switches, up to x670-g2, and all works well ... I can say it's a quite common "combination" of protocols ...
I think you can go with no worries to purchase the new x870s  ...
just because I'm curious ... for which kind of project you're purchasing them? with which kind of traffic? (ipv4, ipv6, mutlicast, unicast ... )

Basically they will be paired in distribution Areas

Currently there are over 150 vlans ,per distribution area which will be using Vrrp , Ospf eaps and mlag ( proposal to move away from eaps ).DSCP will be configured , currently using IPv4 , with various multicast Sparse Mode ... IPv6 is currently being discussed.. we are looking to a 5-7 year operating life cycle , so we like the 40-100 gig options. So we are looking at a network , where each pair of distribution switches needs to be capable of supporting 96 resilient edge stacks at 10gig ( eaps or Mlag )

GTM-P2G8KFN