cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are my options for routing vlan traffic between two x460 devices which are in different locations?

What are my options for routing vlan traffic between two x460 devices which are in different locations?

Ashwini_Balacha
New Contributor
The two devices have L3 connection using e-BGP(Both x460 have different BGP neighbors). I have tried L3 GRE tunneling and it doesnt work as I am using Virtual Routers and MPLS is not supported on e-BGP. I am clueless on how to proceed and looking for some guidance.
10 REPLIES 10

Narayanan__Kart
Extreme Employee
Hi Ashwini,

Can you please provide us the information of 100.0.0.0/24 and 100.1.1.0/24?
Are they in default VR? and as Stachal requested Which devices do the routing and which are L2?

Regards,
Karthikeyan

Stachal
New Contributor II
Ashwini,

Can you tell me what Switch/router is acting as the gateway for 100.0.0.0/24 and 100.1.1.0/24 assuming they are /24?

What devices are routing and which are L2?

Can you show the output of "show iproute" on the routers running BGP.

Ashwini_Balacha
New Contributor
Hello guys,

Still waiting on this as I don't know any other option to set this up. Did anyone come across these issues?

Regards,
Ashwini

Ashwini_Balacha
New Contributor
Hi Praveen,

See below for the topology which I am trying to create. Basically I want to be able to ping a switch (with private IP address 100.1.1.1 ) in location B from a server (with private IP address of 100.0.0.1) in location A.
Right now I have tried L3 GRE and MPLS to try and get this working.
MPLS does not work with eBGP and tunneling is not working with virtual routers present on sw1 and sw2.
I get this error when I try to create tunnel.
Tunnel cannot be created on user VR vr-test, only on VR-Default.

What am I missing? Please guide me in the right direction.

33e0342f494c48c7a212a2a1c5757a2f_RackMultipart20161214-95926-38i3vc-Network_Topology_inline.png

Regards,
Ashwini

GTM-P2G8KFN