cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the ExtremeControl (NAC) VM Requirements for V7 & V8?

What are the ExtremeControl (NAC) VM Requirements for V7 & V8?

Bill_Handler
Contributor II
The Data Sheet for Extreme Control does not list any resource requirements for the VM, only that it is compatible with Hyper-V and VMware. The product page specifications tab is improperly formatted, and is virtually unreadable - I've tried in IE & Chrome

The Data Sheet for Extreme Management Center does not list any resource requirements either, and the product page (http://www.extremenetworks.com/product/management-center/ - specifications tab) gives incorrect information regarding the resources - that caused a HUGE issue at a customer site during an install, and was pointed out to GTAC 3 weeks ago but still not fixed!

So, what are the necessary resources needed for Extreme Control for v7 & v8, and can we get this information put back into the Data Sheets?

Thanks,

Bill

4 REPLIES 4

Doug
Extreme Employee
Hello Bill,

Take a look at the following Knowledge Solution:
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/Considerations-for-upgradingExtreme-Manage...

The release notes should contain the sizing information as well. I will forward this request to our documentation team to see if we can get something updated in the datasheets.

Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Thanks! It is prevalent in the v8 release notes, but not so much in the v7 notes. changing my search from extreme control to access control helped...

Are the powers that be done making name changes????

Mike_Thomas
Extreme Employee
Bill - Have attached a snippit from the release notes regarding VM sizing for EAC/NAC

22203c7209ed487f8a301410df0ce406_RackMultipart20170928-44712-496xyf-NAC_VM_8x_inline.png

Bil

I saw that, but of course after the install had begun, and after I gave the customer the specs for what resources were needed for NMS, and after they freaked out over the prospect of suddenly needing 64Gig of RAM and 2TB of HD space...

However, still no specs for NAC VM...

GTM-P2G8KFN