cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What could be the reason, an AP has been taken as an inactive AP by V2110 version 9

What could be the reason, an AP has been taken as an inactive AP by V2110 version 9

Weda
New Contributor
I'm a newbie for APs.

I have connected an AP 3825i with V2110 version 09.21.
Controller indicates that this is an inactive AP. I have given static IPs both AP and the controller in the same subnet (no DNS, no DHCP). IPs can be pinged and AP was approved by the controller.
I'm unable to view AP logs from the controller and AP is not configurable using controller (only via SSH).

What could be the possible reason for this ? Thank you very much if somebody can advice me on this.

configuration of AP is as below.

AP3825i 09.15.04.0011 interactive shell for service personnel only
# more /flash/home/config/current.cfg
version 5100
cset locaAddMac
cset authIpAddr 1 10.5.0.190
cset dhcpc disable
cset ipAddr 10.5.0.195
cset gateway 10.5.0.1
cset hostname EXNDEDRS02AP001
cset staticmtu 1300
cset apname 15240548085J0000
cset lbsMcast 00:00:00:00:00:00
cset ethernet speedDuplex auto
cset acMgmtMac 00:00:00:00:00:00
cset thirdPartyApMode disable

# radio 0
cset minBasicRate 0 6
# radio 1
cset minBasicRate 1 1
# radio 0 vns 1

# radio 0 vns 2

# radio 0 vns 3

# radio 0 vns 4

9 REPLIES 9

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
As Doug mentioned... configure the admin/mgmt port to another address (and don't use the port).
Add a new physical port with the 10.5.0.190 IP which you use for mgmt and AP registration.

bridge@AP is used if you want the client traffic to be bridged directly at the AP and not go via the controller.

I'd strongly recommend to attend the wireless class as without former experience it's very hard to configure everything correct / to unterstand how the system works.

http://www.extremenetworks.com/education/courses/ECS-HI-1-JS
http://www.extremenetworks.com/education/courses/ESE-HI-1

Weda
New Contributor
Thanks for you reply... I'm wondering how I could do this as I have only IPs in 10.5.0.0/24 range. If you have a way to fix this with above resources, please let me know. In addition, in which situations, B@AP is used?

Weda
New Contributor
Sorry.. this question is not valid.. I saw Doug's reply later. My bad...

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
You can't use the Admin/Mgmt interface to connect APs - this is not supported.
GTM-P2G8KFN