cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you wish Extreme knew about you and how you use our products?

What do you wish Extreme knew about you and how you use our products?

Christina_M
Extreme Employee
Extreme wants to know more about our customers and users.

What do you wish we knew about you, your environment, your products, your customers?

What would be helpful for Customer Support to know?

What would you like InfoDev (tech pubs) to keep in mind when writing documentation?

What do you need or want that you’re not getting now?

Let us know here or you can write to us at internalinfodev@extremenetworks.com.

3 REPLIES 3

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Thanks for the positive feedback, Steve!

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor
Just saw this, and I would like to play!

What do you wish we knew about you, your environment, your products, your customers?
I imagine every customer that calls Extreme is unique - or at least thinks that they are unique. For instance, I work in Health Care. But I work for a community hospital. Which is quite a bit different than most corporate hospitals. At the same time, I don't think that it's necessary for Extreme Networks to understand the little differences there. Because at the end of the day I am calling to ask something about VLAN's, or Analytic fingerprinting, etc. I think as long as they listen and understand the problem at hand - it doesn't matter what they know about you or your environment. However - it's nice when my sales rep comes to me and tells me about something that Extreme is working on or has just released, because he remembers a conversation we had, etc.
What would be helpful for Customer Support to know?
I have worked with many vendors in the past who waste time asking questions that I feel are easily answered if they looked at things like my purchase history, previous service tickets, etc. But I do not feel that way about Extreme Networks. Additionally, I always feel like support listens to my problems and understands my goal. That is the most important thing to me.
What would you like InfoDev (tech pubs) to keep in mind when writing documentation?
One of my favorite things about Extreme Networks is the documentation because it's written in a way that a human can thumb through it. I have sat down and read documentation straight through. I have gone directly to sections that I need to solve a problem. I have done both in one sitting. I wouldn't ask them to change anything, because it's by far some of the best documentation I have ever had access to. And when I recommend Extreme products - I encourage people to look at the docs. Because if you have ever had to learn something from bad documentation, you will appreciate it when you see well written stuff.
What do you need or want that you’re not getting now?
I am getting everything I need from Extreme Networks (and more). I can't really say that about too many vendors and products that I work with.  Keep up the great work!!

M_Nees
Contributor III
That is very nice that you offer a direct communication channel for such requests!

Thanks!
GTM-P2G8KFN