cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the command on extreme switch to move from execution level to configuration level

what is the command on extreme switch to move from execution level to configuration level

Suirnder_Pal
New Contributor
Extreme switch is under TACACS authentication and I could not move from execution level (>) to configuration level(#) . see below commands and error

Slot-1 NEOS-PS-FWswitch.6 > show configuration
This user does not have permissions for this command.

My question : what is the way to move from one level to next level?

5 REPLIES 5

Suirnder_Pal
New Contributor
Does it mean that there is no equivalent command to go configuration mode like in case of cisco

"enable" ?

thanks to update .

Just to add, this is where you have to edit the authorization.xml file, for to be logged in to Extreme switches in enable (admin) mode...

Under the AutoExec section, you have to add

(Set)priv-lvl=15(/Set)

but replace the ( and ) with < and >

On EXOS switches, once logged in, you're in "enable" mode - it's like some cisco devices where your username is automatically in 'enable'

Looking at the message that comes back, that's coming from the TACACS server telling you "you're restricted". As Alexandr said, you'd need to set the appropriate command rights and/or levels for your user on the TACACS server's config.

As a last resort, turn off the tacacs server, and log in with the locally defined admin user on the switch  At least on my switches, if tacacs isn't available, it falls back to local users - but ONLY if the tacacs server isn't available.

Frank
GTM-P2G8KFN