Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the minimum PSU requirement for BD8810 with total of 7 slot occupied

What is the minimum PSU requirement for BD8810 with total of 7 slot occupied

Tayzar_Lwin
New Contributor
Hi all,
I am planning to use BD8810 in our network and I could not decide "What is the minimum PSU requirement for BD8810" where as only 7 slot will be used in phase 1 including 2 MSM. I guess 6 PSU is for full load.
Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Tripathy__Priya
Extreme Employee
Tayzar we hope you got the response which you were looking for. If so then let us close this Hub thread.

Wish you in advance happy new year 2017 ..........

Tripathy__Priya
Extreme Employee
Please find below the link to let you know the minimum requirements for PSU related to BD series:

http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/blackdiamond8800/BlackDiamond/8800_Install_Guide/c_power_su...

Tayzar_Lwin
New Contributor
Thanks all for your helpful replies. Actually the device is not in hand yet. I am creating BOM and curios about how many PSU to order. No PoE will be used. I just want to know what is the minimum required PSU to run BD8810. Now I think I could estimate it.

Roy_Noh
Extreme Employee
The above command is great if you already have a BD8K.
But if you don't have it now, you can calculate it with the power specification on data sheet.
Also I have a excel file to calculate the number of PSU needed for your installation with/without PSU redundancy.
If you think it can be helpful, leave a email address and I will send it to you.
GTM-P2G8KFN