cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

What SFPs will work in x440s?

What SFPs will work in x440s?

KURT_WOLF
New Contributor
I need to purchase 1000BASE-ZX SFPs for a long fiber link between locations. I have an x460 at the main end, and an x440 at the distant end. In looking at the data sheets, only the 10053H (Industrial Temp) model SFPs are listed on the Summit x440 data sheet, but both the 10053 and 10053H are listed on the x460 data sheet. Does this mean that I have to purchase the industrial temp version for the x440? I am a little concerned because I don't want to give these fans any reason to run at high speed.
4 REPLIES 4

Bill_Stritzinge
Extreme Employee
Kurt,

We about two years ago replaced many of the std temp optics on the parts list with the "H" suffix versions or like Chris said just have a different temperature range. The COGs and list prices remained the same. The optics will work regardless if they are H or non-H versions. You can use either, the only difference is that we are only now selling the H versions. You will be good to go!

KURT_WOLF
New Contributor
Hi Chris,

I agree with your comments, but to my question - Is there any reason I need to use this in an x440 switch, or can I use the standard 10053 SFP? When I look at the x440 data sheet, the standard version (10053) is not listed as an accessory. Only the 10053H is. To me, that means I should not purchase the standard SFP, but I wanted to verify that before making the purchase.

Kurt

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Kurt, if I had to guess, I'd say the 10053H not being listed is an oversight. If you can let me know which specific X440 model you've got, I can ask around.
Further, I believe we replaced all optics with their "H" model counterparts - the "non-H" is no longer available for sale.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Kurt,
If i'm understanding correctly, the term 'Industrial Temp' is not an indication that these SFP's run hotter than other SFP's. It's just an indication that the overall operational temperature range is higher than a regular SFP. For example (not exact numbers) lets assume a normal SFP has a range of 0 deg C to 45 deg C, the Industrial temp SFP may have a range of 0 deg C to 70 deg C

Usually the term Industrial just indicates and can be used in harsher environments.
GTM-P2G8KFN