cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When i upgrade a Summitstack (8 nodes X250e-24x) with new firmware (XOS) then not all nodes wil be upgraded.

When i upgrade a Summitstack (8 nodes X250e-24x) with new firmware (XOS) then not all nodes wil be upgraded.

Otto
New Contributor
When i upgrade a Summitstack (8 nodes X250e-24x) with new firmware (XOS) then not all nodes wil be upgraded. Downloading goes well, but installing of the new firmware fails. Anyone got an idea what goes wrong, and knows how to solve this problem ?

26 REPLIES 26

Otto
New Contributor
Hi Drew,

No luck so far... I'm stuck and out of ideas...

Otto

Otto
New Contributor
Hi Drew,

At this moment i'm not able to physically be present at the place where the stack is located. Furthermore i see that at the end of procedure, the slot must be rebooted.
But that is something i don't want. Otherwise i'l go back to an older version of the software ?

The main goal is to have all the slots at the same software, and then update the complete stack as i always did.

Otto

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
The only other thing I can think of right now is that there could be some files "stuck" in the portion of the filesystem used for EXOS download and install. They'll need to be removed either by GTAC or by doing a recovery image install of EXOS on the affected slots.
If you're up for it, here's How to Use the BootROM Menu to Download and Install a New Image to an EXOS Switch
You can use this to go ahead and install the version you want to upgrade to.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Otto,
Have you had any luck getting this stack upgraded since your last update?
GTM-P2G8KFN