When will EXOS 16.2 be released?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Does anyone know when XOS 16.2.1 will be released?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Leap Second bug.
Photo of Nobel

Nobel

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Drew C.

Drew C., Community Manager

• 40,166 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Truls,
We generally don't publicly disclose this kind of information, but I'll see what kind of answer I can provide, if any.
Photo of Paul Russo

Paul Russo, Alum

• 9,694 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Truls the current expected time frame is first quarter of 2016.  That date is subject to change based on how the new features are tested out.

Thanks
P
Photo of Nobel

Nobel

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Paul, thanks for det fast reply.
So det only way to get passed the leap second adjustment without a potential deadlock, is to take advantage of the workaround? (Disabling the NTP service before the leap second adjustment, in June 2015)
Photo of Grosjean, Stephane

Grosjean, Stephane, Employee

• 13,516 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Yes.
Photo of Harkanwaljeet Singh

Harkanwaljeet Singh

• 764 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi, so all X450, 460, BD or NWIs are impacted. The only thing which i find little doubtful is the way to find out if NTP service is running or not and how to disable it. I have tried to found it out on couple of BD and X460 switches using the CLI, but there was  no information. Could you please help me with the commands or procedure to find out the linux version and ntp related information?

We have Extreme switches as SNTP-client only so as per the advisory, there is no leap second bug issue for the switches running SNTP. Is it?

Thanks
Harkanwal
Photo of Bill Stritzinger

Bill Stritzinger, Alum

• 6,036 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
The SNTP implementation is exempt from the Leap Second bug, only NTP is susceptible.   - Use "disable ntp" to disable globally for that period if NTP is running.  Here is a link to the release on this and discussion on  Repair and Mitigation http://learn.extremenetworks.com/rs/extreme/images/VN-2015-002-Leap_Second.pdf

Bill

Harkanwaljeet Singh

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply. I checked on few switches. There is no such command :disable ntp. I don't know if it is hidden?

I have Extreme switches on EXOS 15.3.1.4 with licence either core or advanced edge. I think ntp implementation is covered under separate licence, not sure though.

Harkanwal
Photo of Bill Stritzinger

Bill Stritzinger, Alum

• 6,036 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
The reason you don't see the NTP command is that NTP was not combined in the deliverable image until XOS 15.5 or later. Prior to the version you have to load NTP as an .XMOD that has to be installed separately similar to SSH.  Obviously, you don't have it installed but for reference you can use the command "show version images" to see what code and XMOD's are loaded.  In your case you don't have to worry about the NTP leap second situation.

Harkanwaljeet Singh

I am now much relieved. As none of my switches have separate xmod file for ntp.

Many thanks.
Photo of Alexandr P

Alexandr P, Embassador

• 12,670 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello, colleagues!

Is there information - when will be avaliable documentation for EXOS 16.2?

Thank you!
Photo of Drew C.

Hi Alexandr,
Is there some specific documentation you're looking for?  Version specific documentation release generally coincides with the software release date.
Photo of Alexandr P

Alexandr P, Embassador

• 12,670 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi, Drew!

Soft 16.2 is avaliable to download, but documentations (like User-guide, Command-reference...) there is no.
Now last docs is for 16.1 - http://www.extremenetworks.com/support/documentation

Thank you!
Photo of Grosjean, Stephane

Grosjean, Stephane, Employee

• 13,516 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Aren't you confusing 16.1.2 with 16.2?
Photo of Drew C.

Hello everyone!
EXOS 16.2.1 was released yesterday.  Here's a link to the release notes.

There are also a few articles that may help you get started:
How to Obtain and Upgrade EXOS
Where is the SSH module for EXOS 16.2 and 21.x?
Photo of Ryan Mathews

Ryan Mathews, Alum

• 8,988 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Wow....nothing gets by you there Community Manager.

This thread was 1 year ago in the making.  Nice work.