cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can i find a documentation how to migrate from ridgeline to netsight?

Where can i find a documentation how to migrate from ridgeline to netsight?

holden
New Contributor
I want to migrate the data from ridgeline to netsight and searching for the documentation. Wher can i find it?
9 REPLIES 9

Ty_Izzet
Extreme Employee
Holger, you could migrate the Ridgeline 3.1 database to Ridgeline 4.0 on a separate install. This would retain the Ridgeline 3.1 install. We can also migrate the database for you and provide you the SQL file needed for NetSight. In order to do this, we will need the basecamp and epicenter db files from Ridgeline 3.1. It would be best for a case to be opened with GTAC to further proceed, if you would like us to do this.

Can Netsight import Epicenter's info?

holden
New Contributor
No, thats not an option for us. we want to use netsight side by side to ridgeline and avaluate it, before wo decide if we want use netsight productive.

I will try to scan my devices manually.

Thanks

Ty_Izzet
Extreme Employee
Holger, the Ridgeline 3.x database structure is different from Ridgeline 4.0. The Migration process should be taking place from Ridgeline 4.0 SP2 to NetSight 6.2.

Would it be possible for you to upgrade to Ridgeline 4.0 SP2, backup/export the Ridgeline 4.0 database to an SQL file, and then import the SQL file into NetSight?

We can assist with this process if needed.
GTM-P2G8KFN