cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Which Firmware Release Path?

Which Firmware Release Path?

Ian_Broadway
New Contributor III
It seems there are two firmware release streams for the Wireless product, 10.1.x.x and 10.11.x.x We have recently started deploying (still testing) Extreme Wireless and I came across this post https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/wireless-clients-sporadically-getting-limited-connectivity-aps-dropping-packets?topic-reply-list[settings][page]=3#topic-reply-list We have pretty much the same setup, using AP38xx series APs. We're running the 10.11 latest firmware but the post above states alot of the issues in that post are fixed in 10.01.06.006, which is newer than our 10.11 firmware. I'd like to preempt this issue so which path is the recommended path to go with? Do we know what the purpose of two different release streams is aswell? will the fixes in 10.01 be implemented into a 10.11 release?
7 REPLIES 7

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
I am on 9.21.11.4. Right now, no reason to move as the 10.xx code isn't as stable in general.

Ian_Broadway
New Contributor III
So really the recommended release is the latest 10.01.X.X?

Engin_Deniz_Ati
Extreme Employee
Hello Ian,

10.01.06 is actually newer and has more bug fixes than 10.11.01.

Regards
Engin

Ian_Broadway
New Contributor III
Hi Ronald,

Sorry didn't see your post as posted at same time.

I understand the process, I just see that issue in the post I linked as a big one, don't see why Extreme would'nt then release these fixes pretty swiftly into a minor 10.11 patch as they seem quite a big deal.

Or is it of the view that for the short term if you want the fixes then follow the other path of firmware.
GTM-P2G8KFN