cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Wing AP Migration and Controller Adoption

Wing AP Migration and Controller Adoption

Bruno_Amarante
New Contributor II
Do APs in the same control vlan influence each other regarding controller adoption?

I just tried to give specific option 191 to just 1 AP and for some reason it was stuck adopting on my old controller cluster

And then out of the blue not only that on adopted according to the new option 191 but another one which did not get the dhcp option decided to adopt on the new controller as well Ā¬Ā¬

I'm just trying to plan how I will migrate the APs to the new controller on a per AP basis but if this is the case I could have issues

Is there some procedure or included in documentation AP migration?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Bruno

12 REPLIES 12

vanelm
Contributor
I would highly recommend to make a separate vlan for migrated APs. MINT area id is another option but it's too complicated for just a migration.

Thanks vanelm I will consider this,

Just to control the migration I would not mind to suffer a bit of performance plus our site to site latency in this case is not too bad, but it's good to know what my options are

we haven't used the auto provisioning policy so I'm not really familiar with it

I may end up rebooting them all at the same time and let them join the new controller via option 191

Bruno,
Controller-managed is not practical at all. This actually means that your controller would be your rf-domain manager. If it far enough that clients will experience latency in roaming.
Also "redirect" should work in old controller's auto-provisioning policy.

I think the controller managed option seems more practical as I would not need to create a new vlan modify the trunk interfaces for the new vlan etc
GTM-P2G8KFN