cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

WiNG - how to reduce the number of profiles ?

WiNG - how to reduce the number of profiles ?

Romain_Mercier
New Contributor
Hi there,

I'm deploying wireless AP and I cannot create new profiles because I reched the maximum of 256 profiles.
I would like to reduce the number of profiles I use.
In my deployment, I created 1 profile for each room/auditorium/hall mainly to limit the client load-balancing in each zone. But now I have 256 profiles for around 520 APs deployed and configured in my VX9000.
Here is what I imagine to do :
  • create an alias string at device level containing the nome of the load-balance group-id and use this alias in the parameter "load-balance group-id" at profile level so I can use same profile for a single AP model. But I'm not sure I can use an alias in this parameter.
  • remove "load-balancing group-id" generally except for auditoriums and similar zones. Using a "generic" profil for all other APs
  • define the "load-balance group-id" parameter at device level, creating an configuration override for all my APs
Anybody there have any recommandation and/or best practice for me ?

Best regards,
Romain M.

4 REPLIES 4

Romain_Mercier
New Contributor
Thank you for the answers.

The main goal when I created a profile per room (about 3 years ago) was to prevent users connected in room A to be load-balanced on APs of the auditorium because I want auditorium's APs to connect mainly users present in the auditorium and not getting load from users in other rooms. (I hope this explanation to be clear enough)

I think I will use a profile "AnyAP" or a profile for each rf-domain I have and keep specific profiles for auditoriums.

JESUS_REYES_DIA
New Contributor
I dont understood why profile by ROM, what Is your goal with this configuration? Hole recovery? Auto increase of Power?

RobertZ
Extreme Employee
Here is the WiNG Best Practice document for your reference.

Ondrej_Lepa
Extreme Employee
Hello Romain,

you can think of using AnyAP profile and do particular changes to a specific APs where needed?

Regards,
Ondrej
GTM-P2G8KFN