Wireless AP3660 keeps resetting.

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Answered
I have a Wireless 3660 AP that keeps resetting itself. I'm using POE. I'm not sure why it keeps resetting.
Photo of Laura

Laura

• 1,490 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Joshua Puusep

Joshua Puusep

• 2,274 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

Can you provide further information such as the AP and Controller Firmware version, whether there are any log entries for the AP on the controller, have you tried factory resetting the device, etc?  Was the AP working and spontaneously started rebooting, or is this a new installation?  How often does it reboot?  Thanks.
(Edited)
Photo of Laura

Laura

The AP is an Enterasys 3660 external with application version 9.21.15.0006. The controller is C5210 with the same software. I will try a factory reset. This AP hasn't been used for awhile, we only use it for big events. I'll do a factory reset, and look for the logs. This AP doesn't show up in the list on the log page.
(Edited)
Photo of Joshua Puusep

Joshua Puusep

it's possible that the AP can't contact the controller, which could cause it to keep rebooting.  Try resetting it and verify that it's on a vlan that can access the controller.
Photo of Laura

Laura

I reset the AP and approved the AP. It started working again for about 5 minutes and then back down. It has went down and LED1 blinks red and LED3 blinks green for about 80 seconds. Then LED1 goes solid green for about 40 seconds. The AP repeats that cycle.
Photo of Joshua Puusep

Joshua Puusep

If the AP is showing up in the controller as active at any point, then it's probably not a discovery issue.  I would recommend you follow the link that Craig provided, get a trace file for the AP in question and submit it to GTAC.
Photo of Craig Guilmette

Craig Guilmette, Employee

• 2,670 Points 2k badge 2x thumb