Wireless Bridge ( AP7532 to AP7532 )

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered

I have two AP7532 setup as a wireless bridge, The bridge is working, On the remote side I have installed an ap7131 - I can see the SSID and connect units will get an IP, however the AP is not checking into the RFS7000, If I connect the AP to the local network it does check in

On the AP I have 3 SSID's 1 on vlan1 ( same as the RFS7k ) and 2 on Vlan 10 which leaves the network via a different route.

I can connect to the SSID on VLAN1 and get an IP, the two wifi networks on VLAN 10 are not operational at present as I have to add the VLAN info to the network switch where the AP is

Have I missed something when setting the bridge up ?

Photo of Phil storey

Phil storey

• 1,132 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Timo

Timo

• 3,210 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Do you use local bridging for traffic? If yes, are booth VLANs added to the bridge?
Photo of steve kemball

steve kemball

• 462 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Phil, If you are using a MESH config' for the bridge it doesn't forward Layer 2 (Level 1) mint adoption requests. Try configuring the AP7131 to use L2 adoption
Photo of Phil storey

Phil storey

Hi Steve

under Configuration>Network>Routing  is this policy based routing ? or do you mean  Devices-configuration- network-Routing ?

Photo of steve kemball

steve kemball

• 462 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
On the RFS Device>network>routing
Photo of Phil storey

Phil storey

Hmm

It no likey, as there is already default gateway, this is under wing5.8.5

Photo of Timo

Timo

• 3,210 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
I think router and DHCP are two complete different parts.

You can do a packet capture on the ethernet interface from the AP and check filter for DHCP. Is DHCP forwarded to the LAN, is a response from LAN available?

Additional you can check drop and deny.

Other option, configure multicast to unicast DHCP, if you have a problem with to much broadcast is an option.
Photo of Phil storey

Phil storey

The Router is a an ADSL router that is also the DHCP server, I'll try and get wireshark running later today