cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Wireless Bridge ( AP7532 to AP7532 )

Wireless Bridge ( AP7532 to AP7532 )

Phil_storey
Contributor
I have two AP7532 setup as a wireless bridge, The bridge is working, On the remote side I have installed an ap7131 - I can see the SSID and connect units will get an IP, however the AP is not checking into the RFS7000, If I connect the AP to the local network it does check in

On the AP I have 3 SSID's 1 on vlan1 ( same as the RFS7k ) and 2 on Vlan 10 which leaves the network via a different route.

I can connect to the SSID on VLAN1 and get an IP, the two wifi networks on VLAN 10 are not operational at present as I have to add the VLAN info to the network switch where the AP is

Have I missed something when setting the bridge up ?

21 REPLIES 21

steve_kemball
New Contributor III
Hi Phil, If you are using a MESH config' for the bridge it doesn't forward Layer 2 (Level 1) mint adoption requests. Try configuring the AP7131 to use L2 adoption

The Router is a an ADSL router that is also the DHCP server, I'll try and get wireshark running later today

I Know this is an old thread now, but just looking for a bit more Information about the Bridge.

So The bridge is working at the HQ end the then network port the Bridge AP is connected to is a Trunk Port

and on this trunk port is 2 VLANS

The AP ( Bridge ) this is the Root, is set to allow any VLANS as the network switch is controlling that

At the remote end
the AP ( Bridge ) Non-Root is connecting in to the network switch, the network switch port is a trunk port with 2 Vlans on it - the AP is set to allow any VLANS again as the network switch controls that.

The RFS7000 is connected into the network and the network port the RFS is in is also a trunk port.

for some reason the RFS7000 can not see the two access points at the remote end of the bridge, it can see the bridge.
The WIFI is up and working at the remote end but we have no visibility of it on the RFS.
I'm not sure why but it will only allow clients to connect on the main VLAN (1 ) not VLAN 10 .

is the trunk port only required at the Root end of the bridge ?
Is there a reason why it will not pass VLAN10 but will pass VLAN 1.

Its as if its not passing MINT for visibility of the AP's the other side of the bridge ?

any help gratefully received

?

Timo1
New Contributor II
I think router and DHCP are two complete different parts.

You can do a packet capture on the ethernet interface from the AP and check filter for DHCP. Is DHCP forwarded to the LAN, is a response from LAN available?

Additional you can check drop and deny.

Other option, configure multicast to unicast DHCP, if you have a problem with to much broadcast is an option.
GTM-P2G8KFN