Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Wireless printing issues after ugrade

Wireless printing issues after ugrade

Jeff_Donaldson
New Contributor
Greetings,

I have a single WM3700/RFS7000 controller with 36 - 4750/71XX Access Points. I recently upgraded from 5.5.5.0 to 5.7.0.0 and subsequently from 5.7.0.0 to 5.8.6.8. Since the upgrade, everything appears to be working as expected, however, I have found that all of our wireless printers are now experiencing issues communicating. They are all connected on the 2.4GHz\802.11bgn. Pinging the printers yields extremely long response times and even drops even though RF quality is great. We didn't experience this issue prior to updating. I've upgraded firmware on the printers to no avail. I've reset our Smart-RF and WIPS Policies as well with no luck. Has anyone else seen this kind of activity after upgrading? Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Jeff
2 REPLIES 2

aholden
Extreme Employee
Hi

From your description it is difficult to determine a cause for your issue.

If these are older printers, that only run on the 2.4 ghz radio confirm that the lower rates are enabled.

Please go to: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/Where-can-I-find-best-practices-and-recommend...

And download the best practices document and confirm you are following it.

Beyond that, it is best to open a case with the GTAC group

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Jeff,

Please go over this checklist first:

Wireless clients experiencing latency, intermittent disconnects and dropped packets on a WiNG wirele...

Regards,

Chris

Christoph S.
GTM-P2G8KFN