cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

wireless statistics

wireless statistics

Transporter
New Contributor
Hi, I am posting here to see if anyone has any experience with historical statistics on wireless products....

I have a query from my customer about collecting historical data to do with wireless clients etc... I have 2 wireless controllers and netsight available to get stats from but so far cannot seem to find a way to collect this exact requirement as below
"peak data used per user on the wireless network, what is the average data usage per user and per SSID over a period of time"

I have managed to export all clients from the wireless controller to an excel file, but I am aware this is only a snapshot. Is there a way?

Thanks in advance

Rich

6 REPLIES 6

Joshua_Puusep
New Contributor III
If your willing to do some extra leg work, you might also want to look at the feasibility of using Cacti. I know that Extreme even uses it for certain cases where they can't get what they want out of netsight.

http://www.cacti.net/features.php

James_A
Valued Contributor
If you are familiar with SNMP, you could regularly poll the controller under 1.3.6.1.4.1.4329.15.3.6.2.1 and then perform analysis on the returned data.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/What-MIBs-can-I-poll-to-find-the-number-of-us... has a bit more information. You can do a quick graph in NetSight, but it's only absolute values rather than deriving the rates.

Transporter
New Contributor
Hi guys,

I have had a look in to this issue further now and have managed to make use of your advice thankyou.
I think my problem is going to be that the customer wants to collate data based on looking at the whole wireless network, which is huge. Looking back at my original post and the stats they want I cant seem to find an all encompassing tool to look at everthing and pick these bits out. I have considered picking a physical area of an SSID I know to be heavily used and following you guidance to collect stats from there. Do you think this is a good way to go. Unless there is a way to activate data collection on everything and then use a tool to pick out what I need I think I am going to struggle. What do you think?

Thanks in advance

Rich

Transporter
New Contributor
Thanks for your kind replies on this. I have yet to make use of the information but I wanted to reply to let you know I am grateful for your responses. I will bee looking further in to it in the next few days and see what I can come up with based on your help. I will let you know how I get on and if I have anything else to ask šŸ™‚

Many thanks

Rich
GTM-P2G8KFN