cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WLAN Appliance - log configuration - Send station session events to NetSight option

WLAN Appliance - log configuration - Send station session events to NetSight option

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi,

how does the controller know about my Netsight = to which IP the station events are sent to as there is no field to let the controller know about my Netsight IP.

Or is the text field just missleading and should be worded "Send station session events to SNMP trap receiver" and the trap receiver is set in the SNMP settings.

Thanks,
Ron

30e1a599248b4444b74028f4b195162e_RackMultipart20141126-14858-ihrr9b-log_config_netsight_inline.png

8 REPLIES 8

M_Nees
Contributor III
Hi Ron,

to clarify this button "Send Station events to Netsigth" i open up a case.

GTAC tell me that events are seen in NAC Manager. (That' s surprise - but fit to my experience).

So i guess every roaming will do a RADIUS Accounting message to NAC to make this possible.
(if you enable Accounting to the regarding VNS ...)

But GTAC clarifies this for me.

(And hopefully someone update the manual - making cases because of insufficient manual entries obsolete ...)

M_Nees
Contributor III
You are right - but this is teh meaning of "Send Station events to Netsigth" - all the WLAN related information is lost - only the roaming - the move along the APs is shown.

i think the best way is to do both - following basic roaming information directly in NAC AND forward all station event information via syslog into Netsigth Console (with a sep. Folder).

It is a little bit painful that i have to make sure that this all works together - from a enterprise solution is expect that this is been done by the vendor ...

Regards,
Matthias

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
To tell the true ... I don't buy that story.

NAC shows end-system events but not station events, that is a complete different thing.

M_Nees
Contributor III
i have currently the same question ...

Unfortunately manuals does not telling anything:

7664d6f0f3594f9abbc11bfdae904001_RackMultipart20170201-16179-1u8xqww-1_inline.png

But getting WLAN station events as a trap - mixed with Switche emergency traps is not acceptable for me.

I would prefer seeing station events as syslog messages in netsight but in a separate syslog folder in netsight console - i hope this will work.

Regards,
Matthias
GTM-P2G8KFN