cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WLAN Connectivity Problems with Intel 6205 Client in 5Ghz Band

WLAN Connectivity Problems with Intel 6205 Client in 5Ghz Band

M_Nees
Contributor III
After an upgrade of my V4110 from 09.15.05 to V9.21.04 i have problems with Intel 6205 WLAN Clients in 5GHz and AP3825! Either the Client cannot connect to WLAN SSID (in 5GHz) OR it will work fine first but after 3-4 hours the ping latency will increase to 800/900ms. On good days all work fine. Within 2,4 GHz no/never problem occurs. We have the same problem with 9.01.x and 9.12. With 9.15.x the problem never occur / disappear. Now with 9.21 it seems that we have the problem again. WLAN client driver are up to date!

How can i troubleshoot this issue ? Are there any useful log or debug command at EWC ? Is it possible to get a troubleshooting from client site ?

Regards

11 REPLIES 11

Steve_Ballantyn
Contributor
Hello Matthias, sorry to resurrect a thread this old. But I am curious to know if you ever completely solved this issue, or if you are still having trouble.

I too am having a lot of problems, namely with Intel branded Dual Band N-XXXX wireless on HP tablets. Your issue seems nightmarishly familiar. Doesn't seem to matter which Intel card it is. Also, while Googling around I found a lot of unhappy users ("we will sue you", "I will eat your first born", etc) in the Intel community forums with dropping issues. None of them are running any of the same AP's or wireless routers. And a lot of them "fixed it" by installing a different NIC! I am getting some relief by disabling all by b/g bands.

I have a long running thread here if you were interested or wanted to commiserate.

I was able to resolve my connectivity issues with some assistance from support. I believe that my issues were caused by channel overlap, and a lot of radios that were all turned up too high. You can read about it in this thread.

in general i have very good experience with 10.31.05.

in this special case we still remain on 9.21.x because of AP36xx. Currently we use 9.21.18.

has anyone made any headway here?
GTM-P2G8KFN