cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

WLAN service best practices

WLAN service best practices

James_A
Valued Contributor
Are there any best practices for WLAN service settings? Similar to the AP radio best practices, but for things like Flexible Client Access, 11k (including Beacon Report, Quiet IE), opportunistic keying/preauth etc. In the past I've turned some of these off while debugging other problems, but I can't remember why or if I should turn them back on.
5 REPLIES 5

Bharathiraja__S
Extreme Employee
Hi James,

you can create test LAB set up and contact GTAC for any issues.

So that we can make sure production network is not affected.

Thanks,
Suresh.B

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
Honestly, every environment is so different. Experimenting is the best way to find out. Most of the settings are easy to change, so making small changes and then observing for a few days, will go a LONG way to figuring out what features are helping and what ones are hurting.

However, I cannot suggest turning on 802.11k. It causes all of our APs to reboot with a kernel panic "Out of cookies" running 10.11.4.8. But again, maybe that is just our environment... so testing is the best way to find out. Unfortunately, there is no silver bullet, I wish there was... trust me ļ™‚.

Also, as stated, GTAC can provide more insight on why you might what to consider turning on or turning off some settings.

Hi Jeremy,

in last V10.11.05 Release Notes are these issue fixed:
wns0016413: Improved reliability of 4-way handshake in congested environments which could affect sensitive clients

This solves maybe your hurt with 802.11k.

Otherwise do you open a GTAC Case already?
If not i encourage you to do that!
This will help you and all other extreme networks users ...

Regards,
Matthias

Bharathiraja__S
Extreme Employee
Hi James,

As per below KB , FCA feature needs to upgrade 9.21.07 or higher.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Wireless-Throughput-and-Performance-Issu...

Thanks,
Suresh.B
GTM-P2G8KFN