cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM3600 to NX5500 AP Support

WM3600 to NX5500 AP Support

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
We have a client with about 130 AP4532, 4522 and 4762 outdoor AP's. I'd like to upgrade the controllers to NX5500's from WM3600's both to allow for newer firmware (I've tested recent firmware on the 4532's without incident) and for growth using newer AP's. We expect to add another 150-200 this year and I won't be able to expand the old controller. Does anyone know, can I move the licenses for the already owned AP's to the new controller pair and if so, are there any backward compatibility issues with the older APs (other than the 2-step upgrade process)? Thanks in advance!
1 REPLY 1

Ondrej_Lepa
Extreme Employee
Hi Eric,

As you mention WM3600 / AP4xxx that means those are Extreme Net branded devices.
Have you performed the OEM conversion to WiNG branded software (WiNG 5.7 and above)?
If not, this is a step you have to take before planning an upgrade to newer code/ platform.

As far as I know - by changing the OEM you are losing purchased licenses (in your favor because converted controller will be enabled to adopt up to platform's maximum amount of APs) and we cannot accept license migration request.

I'd recommend you to speak with a distributor or Extreme Net. sales representative and discuss your options here.

Regards,
Ondrej

GTM-P2G8KFN