cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

WS-AP3825I-E-5G.

WS-AP3825I-E-5G.

Husam
New Contributor II
Hi everyone, I am new to extreme wireless.

I have got an access points WS-AP3825I-E-5G. I need to get console access to this access point to set IP address and then get web access. the console line is going on but nothing appear on the terminal.

Is there any specific parameters or it is just as same as switches.

Thanks in advance,
Husam
7 REPLIES 7

Bhavesh_Patel
New Contributor
Can any one tell me ,how to tag vlan in access point (without using controller) in command line > whassp

Hi

To set the tagged vlan id for management purposes, see this article: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-assign-a-static-IP-address-to-an-Id...

-Gareth

Andre_Brits_Kan
Contributor II
Hi Husam

The Console port uses the following settings:

None

By default the unit only operates in controlled mode, so you do require a controller for the AP's to function correctly.
The CLI uses "cset" commands.
Can set a stating IP address as follows:

# cset dhcpc disable# capply
# csave
// wait until the device returns with a "save config from cli shell" message
# reboot
# cset ipaddr wap-ip-address
# cset ipmask wap-netmask
# cset gateway gateway
# capply
# csave
// wait until the device returns with a "save config from cli shell" message
# reboot
Check that the above has been applied sucessfully:
# more /flash/home/config/current.cfg

Their is some commands to convert the unit from controlled mode to standalone mode, but this provides very limited features and I am sure is not supported by Extreme.

Regards
Andre

Thats look correct, but I don't understand Husam's use case. If you have a controller you could a assign a static ip address later in the web ui under "AP -> Static Configuration".

If Husam have no dhcp service runnig on the network and have to setup a static ip address, he should also setup the controller ip address.

Best Regards
Hartmut
GTM-P2G8KFN