WS5100 License Pack availability

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Are licenses available to purchase for WS-5100 controllers?
Photo of steve kemball

steve kemball

• 582 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Robert Zarzycki

Robert Zarzycki, Employee

• 4,610 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
No they are not sold anymore.  What is the use scenario? We maybe able to generate lic key.....
Photo of Christopher Frazee

Christopher Frazee, Employee

• 1,862 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello Steve,
      The WS5100 has been end of life for some time now (+7 years) and no method to purchase licenses for this platform. 

Chris Frazee
Photo of steve kemball

steve kemball

Thanks Christopher / Robert for the quick response. I have just found the product EOL doc' and yes licenses went EOS earlier in the year. The use-case is that a customer has contacted me about wanting to add some spare AP650s to their WS-5100 controller to extend coverage but there are insufficient spare licenses installed. I'm pretty confident that maintenance will NOT be in place for the system. Regards, Steve
Photo of Robert Zarzycki

Robert Zarzycki, Employee

• 4,610 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Can provide the serial number of the WS-5100 controller and total license count they have. Can you ask for output 'sh lic' & 'sh ver' from the customer? 
Photo of steve kemball

steve kemball

O.k Robert wilk do.
Photo of Phil storey

Phil storey

• 1,254 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi steve
          where in the world are you ? the reason I ask is that I have two ws5100 one being the RS ( No licenses and the other having 48 port license. These are now surplus to requirements, these are available at £0 other than a donation to a charity
Phil ( UK )
Photo of steve kemball

steve kemball

Hi Phil. can you email me please at steve@skemball.co.uk so we can progress this
Photo of alan newton

alan newton

• 62 Points
Phil, sory to jump in, but we are in a simular situation in the uk.   if the orginal poster does not take up on the offer, I would be interested.

Kindest regards,

Alan
Photo of Phil storey

Phil storey

• 1,254 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Ok, I will let you know, The ws51k are @ V3 or the software
Photo of steve kemball

steve kemball

Hi Phil. That's a nice offer. I am in the UK - Berkshire. That could be a viable option. I will make a call today to explore this option with them. Regards Steve