ws-ap3705i installation

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Hi everybody, for installation on the wall the thin AP WS-AP3705i, is it critical the position, Could it affect to the antenna polarization (internal  array 4 antennas)?

is better install it on top of ceilling?

Thank you in advance

Joan 
Photo of Joan Jorba

Joan Jorba

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Aguilar, William

Aguilar, William, Employee

• 2,664 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
The radiation pattern is not affected whether you install it on a wall or a drop ceiling (facing down to the service area). However, the back of the AP has a metal plate that reduces the RF pattern in the back of the AP. If you are installing a multi-floor deployment you can reduce the RF that bleeds into the upper floor by installing the AP on the ceiling, otherwise you will have more bleed into the upper floor.

Good luck,

Will
Photo of Joan Jorba

Joan Jorba

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for you fast replay.

Other question:

If I install it on the wall, the AP orientation is it critical? e.g if the 4 leds, on the AP enclosure are orientated towards north, south, east, west. Can I change the polarization or antenna performance?

Thank you

Joan

Photo of Aguilar, William

Aguilar, William, Employee

• 2,664 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
It will not matter...you can't improve it and you can't make it better :-). If you need a different type of RF pattern (say for directional service down a corridor) you can use the 3715e or 3825e with one of the directional service antennas that we offer.