x440 24p Stacking using ethernet.

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Planning to have stacking using ethernet port in X440 24P switch,when you say port 25 and 26, does it means its the 23 and 24 port or the 21 and 2 optical port? I supposed port 23 and 24, need some confirmation.
Photo of DASTAN

DASTAN

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Paul Russo

Paul Russo, Alum

• 9,694 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Dastan

You can only stack with 10G ports.  The 440 comes with either cooper stacking ports (which are 10G) or with 10G ports that can be configured to be stacking.  You can not use 1G for stacking.

Hope that helps

P
Photo of DASTAN

DASTAN

thanks for the reply Paul, still can't get it. based on the manual you can summitstack-V the x440 using Ethernet via port 25 and 26 (alternative stack port). Are ports 25 and 26 are the ports at the rear of the switch?

Photo of Paul Russo

Paul Russo, Alum

Hello Dastan

No the 10G ports are on the front of the switch.  The alternate stacking ports only work with the 440-24-10G switches.  They should have the SFP+ label under the ports and should be to the right of the main bank of ports.

Does that help?

P
Photo of DASTAN

DASTAN

definitely yes!  so stack-V is via FOC thru SFP right? if so, what should I use, MM of SM Fiber?
Photo of Paul Russo

Paul Russo, Alum

Hello Dastan

To be clear you have to use the SFP+ ports not the SFP ports.  I would recommend looking at this HW installation guide as it will show you how to configure the SummitStack V option.

http://extrcdn.extremenetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/SummitFamily_HW_IG_Rev__24.pdf

Thanks
P