cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x440 24p Stacking using ethernet.

x440 24p Stacking using ethernet.

DASTAN
New Contributor II
Planning to have stacking using ethernet port in X440 24P switch,when you say port 25 and 26, does it means its the 23 and 24 port or the 21 and 2 optical port? I supposed port 23 and 24, need some confirmation.
5 REPLIES 5

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hello Dastan

To be clear you have to use the SFP+ ports not the SFP ports. I would recommend looking at this HW installation guide as it will show you how to configure the SummitStack V option.

http://extrcdn.extremenetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/SummitFamily_HW_IG_Rev__24.pdf

Thanks
P

DASTAN
New Contributor II
definitely yes! so stack-V is via FOC thru SFP right? if so, what should I use, MM of SM Fiber?

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hello Dastan

No the 10G ports are on the front of the switch. The alternate stacking ports only work with the 440-24-10G switches. They should have the SFP+ label under the ports and should be to the right of the main bank of ports.

Does that help?

P

DASTAN
New Contributor II
thanks for the reply Paul, still can't get it. based on the manual you can summitstack-V the x440 using Ethernet via port 25 and 26 (alternative stack port). Are ports 25 and 26 are the ports at the rear of the switch?

GTM-P2G8KFN