Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

x440-24t vs c5g124-24 for edge router

x440-24t vs c5g124-24 for edge router

Rahman_Duran1
New Contributor III
Hi,

We save S4 chaisis as core. And using one C5G124-24 per building as edge routers. And A4H series for access switches.

Our local partner said as a result of Extreme/Enterasys merge we should invest in summit X series instead of enterasys gears. X430 in place of A4H will be a good replace for us as it is 1G switch. But for our new building should we use X440? Do they have comparable parformance/features for our use case? We use dual stack ipv4 and ipv6 static routing on edge routers.

Rahman
5 REPLIES 5

Bill_Stritzinge
Extreme Employee
Curt,

The updated roadmap on the edge is to transition from A/B/C to Summit X series. The X450-G2 product that was released on June 15th is the transition product for the B/C product as that release also included XOS 16.1 which now has full policy support. Let me know if you have any questions.

Bill

Thank you for the clarification.

Curtis_Parish1
New Contributor III
Mike that is very interesting information that is contrary to what we have been told. Has Extreme released a roadmap showing the X is replacing the A/B/C series?

Mike_Lane
Extreme Employee
Rahman, Though you can still purchase the A/B/C series switches and they will be supported for quite sometime, it is a good idea to take a look at the Summit X-series as it is the platform going forward in the long term. The X430 and X440 both support IPv6, but it should be noted that only the X440 and above support routing. Role-Based Policy is supported on the X450-G2 and above as well. I do recommend you consult with your partner and if you have any further questions, I can get you in touch with your local Extreme Pre-Sales Engineer.

- Mike Lane, Extreme DACH Pre-Sales
GTM-P2G8KFN