cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

x440-48p-10G flashing ports

x440-48p-10G flashing ports

dj_mcadams
New Contributor
Have a stack of six x440-48p-10G with one x440-48p-10G trunked off of it. All ports on the stack (except switch 1 and 2) are flashing rapidly as if there is a loop, however I cant see any loops through the log or ELRP and network wise everything is working normally (although slow routing between vlans).
11 REPLIES 11

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi DJ, do you have any new information on this issue?

EtherMAN
Contributor III
couple of other things to look at... Show port congestion will tell you if indeed any of the ports are being overrun .... Show port xx statistics will show you tx rx packets and break them down so you see how many broadcast frames mcast frames ect. If your broadcast or mcast frames are increasing like crazy then this would effect all ports in the vlan so ports blink almost in sequence...

Before you do these it is a good idea to clear counters...

Sflow is done in hardware and you can set it up and point it to a collector on your network ( good open source one is made by Inmon). Let it run a while and look at what is chattering so much...

Good luck

dj_mcadams
New Contributor
Okay, great. Thank you for the help. Ill call in to GTAC when i have a maintenance window.

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Thanks DJ

I am starting to think that it may not be a loop but maybe a broadcast like storm or some other traffic related issue. After hours can you see if disconnecting the stand alone switch changes anything, or just does it change once users are away from the network.

There are other things that we can look at from the switch perspective but I think that would be best if you did it via a call into GTAC.

P
GTM-P2G8KFN