Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X440G2 Stack loose sharing-config during reboot master-change

X440G2 Stack loose sharing-config during reboot master-change

PeterK
Contributor III
Hello,

I had problems with X440G2 Stacks in the past...

When I rebooted the stacks, they often change their master role and during this, the stack looses the sharing config.

All units are master-capable but no priority is set...

effected XOS 21.1;22.1;22.2

Did anyone else have this issue?

I don't understand, why a stack changes his roles (sometimes) only during reboot... no hardware or unit fault...
3 REPLIES 3

PeterK
Contributor III
As I see, only the port sharing config (Link Aggregation) was lost. On every node the 10g Dual License was installed and on every node Port 51 was part of Port sharing with SR sfp+ optic. Port sharing Master was on Stack Master node. For me there is NO reason for Switch Stack to change roles when the hole Stack is rebooted at once. In all 3 cases the config was saved and synchroniced. As workaround I Set priority in Stack. But I think this couldn't be normal.

Ty_Izzet
Extreme Employee
Peter, I would recommend verifying how the LAG is configured. Is the LAG static or Dynamic? A show sharing output from prior and during reboot can provide some information on the active links. A dynamic setup would be recommended on both sides of the LAG.

Ty_Izzet
Extreme Employee
Hello Peter, could you be more specific on what exactly is lost? Are you referring to the port sharing configuration or the entire configuration?

If it is related to port sharing, please let us know which slots the uplink ports reside on. If port sharing or the Link Aggregation Group is connected to multiple slots then there should be redundancy when it comes to port sharing or Link Aggregation Groups.

Roles will change from Master to Backup during boot, so this would be expected behaviour when rebooting one slot and not multiple.

Please also ensure that the stack is synchronized to ensure the configuration is stored on bothe the backup and master nodes.
GTM-P2G8KFN