cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X460-48p STOCK FOR SPARE

X460-48p STOCK FOR SPARE

JUAN_MARTINEZ
New Contributor
I´m finishing my leasing period for fifty (50) X460-48P switches. I´m want to buy 5 switches as an spare in order to have in stock in case of any damage or problem. I don´t wanna pay maintenance or monitoring. Is it make sense for you? Do I´ll have any problem or misunderstanding that i´m not considering?

3 REPLIES 3

EtherMAN
Contributor III
We have over 2000 Extreme switches and typically don't put any hardware support on the single racj unit switches. We have spares for all the different switches and parts. We do purchase and keep up the TAC/Software support which is a fraction of the cost compared to hardware and software. You will need to get with your sales rep for pricing. If and when your model of 460 goes end of sale is when you stop paying the TAC/Software support as software development of that line will pretty much be over.

JUAN_MARTINEZ
New Contributor
Thank you Eric for your advise. Do you have any idea for the annual cost for monitoring/support service for this switches?

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
In my experience, the hardware failing is one of the less likely problems. Usually in our case, when we need help - it's technical in nature and the lack of support is a real problem. You're also not entitled to firmware updates without support. I strongly suggest against this method of "protection".
GTM-P2G8KFN