Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X460-48t 10GB optical port

X460-48t 10GB optical port

Miguel
New Contributor
Hello experts,

I have a basic question regarding summit x460 series switches, I have two x460-48t switches:

48 x 10/100/1000BASE-T (RJ-45)
4 x 100/1000BASE-X (SFP) unpopulated ports
1 x Serial (console port)
1 x 10/100BASE-T out-of-band management port
1 x USB port for external USB flash

taking into consideration this information, is possible to add an additional module to have 10GB optical port(s) available?.

Thanks in advance,
Miguel.

5 REPLIES 5

EtherMan-Dupe
New Contributor
Not sure about putting a standard one gig sfp in the port but we have put 10 gig optics and set port to 1000 auto auto to match upstream link on remote sites.... When we upgraded to 10 gig a few months later we were able to upgrade by having to swap only the one side and change port settings which saved a trip and another re-boot of systems to install the card..

I know that I've seen this work in the lab (1G SFP in SFP+ port), but I'm not sure off the top of my head what the optics and switches involved were. It could definitely be tested fairly easily.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
The port's negotiation/speed settings may need to be manually configured, but I'm pretty sure a 1G SFP will work in the SFP+ port. Something we could test in the lab quite easily.

Miguel
New Contributor
Thanks Robert!, 16117 is exactly what I am looking for, I have other question , for x460 this expansion cards can be 10GB optical or 1GB optical too?, Thanks!
GTM-P2G8KFN