Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X670-G2 1588 transparent clock precision

X670-G2 1588 transparent clock precision

Tierpark
New Contributor II
Hello,

Our team is looking for a 10GE switch with 1588 transparent clock support. As we see, X670-G2 should be able to do this. However we are a bit confused by the statement in the Data Sheet:

"The X670-G2 offers Boundary Clock (BC), Transparent Clock (TC), and Ordinary Clock (OC) for synchronizing phase and frequency and allowing the network and the connected devices to be synchronized down to microseconds of accuracy over Ethernet connection."

The microsecond accuracy would be catastrophic in 1588. Each nanosecond counts here.

The "correction" field in PTP packet provides picosecond precision.

So, the question is whether microseconds is only a typo and X670-G2 really supports 1588 TC with a sub-nanosec precision?

We need the switch in a 10GE timing measurement lab, so a high accuracy is a MUST.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Dmitrij.
4 REPLIES 4

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
The only update I've got so far is that we know it's at least nanosecond precision and likely better. The developer is checking test plans and qualification results to get you a better answer.

Tierpark
New Contributor II
Hello Mr Drew,

Any news?

Best regards,
Dmitrij

Tierpark
New Contributor II
Could we also have more precise technical specification of the "network timing feature pack"? The equipment is not cheap, we have to absolutely sure in what we buy. Thank You.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Good catch. Let me see if I can get a response from engineering or product management.
GTM-P2G8KFN