cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

XSR Seems to Freeze

XSR Seems to Freeze

eberrick
New Contributor
I have an enterasys XSR-3150 with firmware :7.6.14.0002.

Sometimes my internet connectivity goes off and I have traced and realized its the router.

I am able to ping and console to verify all my configs and everything seems fine but until I always have to restart the device anytime it happens for connectivity to be restored.

I would appreciate your comments on the possible cause of this and the way forward.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

O_Connor__Brend
New Contributor
Hi

7.6.17.0001 Firmware is available on the Extranet Portal. If you are unable to access this, please contact GTAC.

Regards

Brendan

eberrick
New Contributor
Hi Mike, I apologise if I wasn't clear enough in my question. If you could be specific as to the further information needed, I'd be glad to provide. I suspected the firmware since the current version running is quite old. However extreme doesn't seem to have the firmware for this specific device on its product support page. Thank you.

Mike_D
Extreme Employee

Hello,

I'd normally be reluctant to comment on behavior correction without a more detailed problem description - configuration, network environment, recent changes etc...

In this case running f/w is vintage 2008.
Release notes between 2008 and the most recent (7.6.17.0001 Nov. 2013) indicate several fixes for resource depletion.
Firmware upgrade is the right next step.

Regards,
Mike

GTM-P2G8KFN