cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTP+ Device connector is too old - please download a newer version and apply to this device.

ZTP+ Device connector is too old - please download a newer version and apply to this device.

Ben_Giles
New Contributor
I have the latest version of XMC, along with the latest XMOD connectors downloaded from Github.

I still get this error message on numerous switches attempting to use ZTP+ for the first time.
3 REPLIES 3

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
CC (CloudConnector) is the App that is used for ZTP+. EXOS was shipping with an old version of CC (CC 1.1.x) that cannot support all the new features coming since XMC 8.0. That's why you need to have latest CC 3.0 in XMC.
You should be good now, if the rest of the setup is fine:

- booting from a factory default config running at least 21.1 (no autoexec.xsf nor default.xsf)
- having DHCP reachable with DNS- DNS resolving extremecontrol to be the IP of XMC
The upgrade process takes some time, be patient, the switch will then reboot and you are good.

Ben_Giles
New Contributor
I've installed both those XMODs, is CloudConnector a separate application also?

1b9acea6c55f49a6b0b1dab0428190e9_RackMultipart20180622-96575-ceg4c0-Extreme_inline.jpg

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
Do you have a CC 3.0 or are you still on CC 1.1.x? You need to use CC 3.0 with XMC 8.0+, and preferably the latest.

https://github.com/extremenetworks/EXOS_Apps/tree/master/CloudConnector

GTM-P2G8KFN