Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTP+ good feature but unusable in real

ZTP+ good feature but unusable in real

PeterK
Contributor II
I'm currently running XMC / Netsight 8.1.2.59 or newer and like to use ZTP+
I like this feature, because I only need to connect switches to the network and they got at least a firmware update to the lastest version I want to use.
But it's unusable with the XOS Version on X440G2 shipped from Extreme.
If ZTP+ isn't able to update cloud connector to lastest version (which is on XMC Server) und than starting again, this feature is unusable.
On X450G2 Switches it is working...
18 REPLIES 18

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
Please note that recent XMC version (not very sure of the first release - 8.2+ for sure) includes recent CC version (latest at the time of GA).

Meanwhile, my solution is to copy all images including cloud-connector to both directories. This is working for me.

Tomasz_Lubas
New Contributor III
I had similar problem with 21.1.3.7 and 1.1 connector.

In ZTP+ options I had to check 'configuraton updates' and 'firmware upgrades' to always.
Next step was upload reference firmware via XMC, check it as reference - very important step (thanks Piotr Szolkowski for advice) .

Upload newer connector 3.0.34.65 and do not check it as reference.

After that I was able to ZTP+ brand new switch.

Then as far as i see first thing switch need to do is upgrade firmware and connector.

Of course after upgrade XMC waits for configuration

best regards,
Tomek

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
Please, work with GTAC to find the root cause of this.
Still, I'm interested in having the feedback on my last questions (@Peter: any chance that the x450G2 have a different profile than the x440G2?). And to help troubleshoot, also for GTAC, can you enable ZTP+ and InvMgr diagnostics and grab server.log ?

GTM-P2G8KFN