cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZTP+: Invalid configuration provided by controller IP address extremecontrol

ZTP+: Invalid configuration provided by controller IP address extremecontrol

Stephen_Stormon
Contributor
I have a X460G2-24t-10G4 that has connected to Extreme Management via ZTP+. It is in a "ZTP+ Pending Edit" stage, but when I edit it and click "Save", EMC says "ZTP+ Configuration Error" and the log on the switch says " ZTP+: Invalid configuration provided by controller IP address extremecontrol"
10 REPLIES 10

Scott_Singer
New Contributor
Stephen and Stephane,

I'm seeing the same error. When I try to enter the command that is failing to a 10GigE port on my X460G2-48p-10G4, I get the following.

Slot-1 LabNet_Core.2 # conf port 1:51 auto on
Error: Speed has to be specified on port 1:51

This is to be expected when you run that command on a 10GigE port, since auto negotiation isn't supported on our 10GigE ports.

Slot-1 LabNet_Core.4 # conf port 1:51 auto on speed 10000 duplex full
Error: Auto negotiation is not supported on port 1:51 at 10G speed

I wonder if this is a ZTP+ bug.

Regards, Scott

Stephane,

This also appears to be the case with PoE. I have PoE enabled globally in the ZTP+ Device Defaults and ZTP+ seems to be trying to apply it to non-PoE ports.

20793 1525445366930 ZTP+ Events.6.Event --- 1708N-40331 192.168.10.10 Device Event Command "configure inline-power priority low ports 52" response: CLI command failure:configure inline-power priority low ports 52:Error: Port 52 is not inline-power capable

Do you know if this is also included in the known issue that is being addressed?

Thanks, Scott

It's a known issue on XMC that will be addressed, I double-checked that. XMC sends a speed/duplex of auto/auto by default, and some type of ports don't like that. That's why you need to set that manually at the moment.

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
indeed, you'll have to set the speed/duplex to a discrete value, not auto/auto for all those ports at the moment, I'm afraid.
GTM-P2G8KFN